Monday, July 29, 2013

Onion Rings Recipe Made Easy



I was never a fan of onion rings as I can remember until I tasted the ones served in Taters. It was a couple of years ago. Then I tasted series of versions of onion rings like that of Bon Chon's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc.  I then can't resist ordering them every time I see them on the menu. 

To satisfy my cravings and to practice my cooking skills, I tried making my own. Today I made my own version and it was a success! Thanks to manang for helping me out with the frying of my creation though. I never thought I could make my own and save really lots of money instead of buying from fast food chains or the like. Yey me! haha

The ingredients are basically found in the supermarket and are really affordable. 
Here's the quick and simple guide.

What you will need:
  • 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1 cup Evaporated Milk
  • 1-2 cups Bread Crumbs
  • cooking oil (for deep frying)



Steps:

1. The first step is to slice the onions into rings. The size of the rings depend on you. You can cut them to thin or thick slices of your choice. Set aside.

2. Then mix the flour with the baking powder. Add the salt as well.


3. Add the beaten egg until lumpy and then stir in the evaporated milk.


4. Once the batter looks smooth, add the cayenne pepper and the hot sauce. Now in this case, you may add more or skip this step if you don't like your rings to have a little spicy taste.

5. Now with the finished batter, dip the onion rings individually, coating everything. Then put them to a bowl of bread crumbs. Coat them with the bread crumbs fully.

6. Finally, Deep fry the rings one by one on low heat. Wait for it to turn golden brown before switching sides. Then place them into paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve and eat immediately. ;)


Here's a closer look to the finished onion rings. :) Success! heehee


So there you have it! Well yeah, practice makes perfect. haha.


Til here,
Fayemos

No comments:

Post a Comment