Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Different Planet Within Planet Earth; Discovering Planet Grapes, Cebu

Okay before you judge my corny blog post title, hear me out on my thoughts about Planet Grapes (Cebu) and its idea of 'Wine Without the Drama'. 

 I've been meaning to try this place for as long as I can remember but it wasn't in my city so I had to make sure that when I get back to Cebu, I'll not miss my chance. 

I love wine so much but just a disclaimer, I'm not a wine connoisseur or something. I just happen to like it as much as I love cheese. (haha I know the connection is also a little odd right there). 
But anyway, it has been an ideal date for me ever since- to have a glass or bottle of wine to celebrate good times and special occasions. And on my latest Cebu shindig, and to celebrate my birthday as well, we thought of having a glass or two at Planet Grapes.

Location talk: It's strategically situated in a relatively convenient area. And an added bonus: the view. (I mentioned on my previous posts that I'm a huge fan of sky lounge settings and anything with a good view). And upon entering, you'll really feel the wine-friendly kind of atmosphere they have.

True to their concept, "Wine Without the Drama", it was the fusion of wine and food from traditional pairings such as cheese or cured meat to comfort food such as grilled chicken barbeque and sisig. 'Street food meets wine', that is.

Planet Grapes features their state-of-the-art Italian wine machines that allow customers to try different wines by sip, half-glass, and full glass sizes. Surely, regardless of one's knowledge of the drinks, you'll get to discover wine- one grape at a time. 

Now for the food, don't get me wrong but it was really (add another 'really') delicious! I may be exaggerating this but it was really tasty. A little price-y but it's all good and worth-it.
BBQ Pork Spare Ribs @ 395php
Sun Rice Chicken Barbeque with Adobo Rice & Fresh Mixed Salad @375php
 For the service: It's excellent. The crew were more than happy to assist us in all our needs especially with the wine pairings; setups; photos and some things I'm currently forgetting. (bad blogger! LOL)
Poor lighting and camera quality. Not complaining though.
 All in all, it was a very good experience. Definitely coming back to continue with my journey to discover the world of wine. So if you want to give it a try as well and still looking for a sign, then this is it. And as they say, life is too short for cheap wines. - and even shorter not experiencing the world through wine. Have a great journey, too. Cheers!

xoxox,
Faye
Planet Grapes in Cebu is located in Ayala Mall, in the L4, New Wing.
We had our dinner reservation in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment